Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Stole This!

I totally stole this from Nicole, who stole it from Aly. The blogging world is an incestuous place, I tell ya.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? went to my first funeral, went to a pet halloween party, baked my first all homemade cake (read: not from a box) and got engaged to Mr. Mark!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? ha! Never. I always make a collage of sayings to remember and goals I'd like to meet. I did hit one. We got engaged. (are you sensing a theme here?)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Um, I don't think so. But I'm not so much into babies, so I probably put it out of my mind, if they did.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. :(
5. What countries did you visit? None. That probably won’t change for a few years.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More fun and relaxation. I tend to get really stressed out about life in general and I get too involved in the little mundane things.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 2008, we got engaged. March 2008, grandma Katherine's funeral. August 2008, Chances passing and Daisy's adoption.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Somehow creating an environment where four cats live together peacefully and have found their places.
9. What was your biggest failure? Puppy training. Oh.my.god.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Only cat scratches...see above. lol
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mark! Finally! woohoo!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? You know, I was fine until Christmas happened...and then I could give you at least two names....okay, three or four. but not more than twelve. Anyway.
14. Where did most of your money go? Being a stupid grown up with a house and bills. And also, doggy daycare.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Finding a new best friend, (hi Kait!), meeting a bloggy bestest friend (Hi Nicole!) and partying like rockstars. Or you know, painting our nails and eating hotdogs and pizza. Same diff. Oh, and that whole getting bling thing. That was nice too. ;)
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Gosh - I have no idea.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) Happier or Sadder? Happier. (b) Thinner or Fatter? about the same (c) Richer or Poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Working out, and doing more stuff outside.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing.
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008? 400 different family Christmas parties prior to Christmas, Christmas Eve with my dad, Christmas morning with my mom, Christmas Day with Mark's mom, Day after with Mark's dad. (next year we're leaving on vacation for Christmas and anyone who wants to see us can just go with us because I REFUSE to drive around like we did this year)
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? still falling
22. How many one-night stands? (I love your answer Nicole) and um, none, thankyouverymuch
23. What was your favorite TV program? John and Kate Plus 8
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Um, yeah. I'm a very nice girl.
25. What was the best book you read? The Time Traveler's Wife
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Jason Mraz
27. What did you want and get? BLING!
28. What did you want and not get? A well behaved puppy.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? 27 dresses? Was that this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31 and I don't remember. It's because I'm old.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If people/critters wouldn't die.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Hide those flaws girl! No, really, I'm all about structure and cute jackets and fabulous shoes.
33. What kept you sane? I'm not sure I was sane. At all.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hilary, but we all know how that worked out.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? I'm not really into politics. I felt pretty strongly about notification of parents when minors request abortions, but I didn't care enough to pay attention to how it all panned out. So yeah, this isn't the best question for me.
36. Who did you miss? Nicole! Come back!
37. Who was the best new person you met? I actually met Kaitlin this year and we became instant friends. And I finally got to meet my bbff in March! Hi Nicole!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Be patient, young grasshopper.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "goin' to the chapel..."
40. What are your resolutions for 2009? Fit into a wedding gown in the single digits. ha!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

This was great!

Have a safe holiday!

Lindsey said...

Dude, do you even know how wedding dress sizes run??? It's insane! There is NO, I repeat NO, vanity sizing in wedding dresses. My wedding gown was a 10 and then I had it taken in a bit. I was like, OMG, but then I remembered that the wedding industry is CRAZY! Now if I had a line of dresses I would do hardcore vanity sizing so women would feel super good about themselves when trying on a wedding dress for the most important freaking day of their LIFE! LOL

All of this is to say, do not stress over gown sizes. You are gorgeous just as you are!