Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Monthaversary!

Remember back when I was planning a wedding? Yeah, so, we did it! We got married October 2 - and it was wonderful and beautiful and so much fun. I giggled my way down the aisle. Cried through a song with my Mom and my Maid of Honor. Laughed at the sniffles that came from all my bridesmaids during the ceremony; hooted when Mark got down to "Low."

I adored each and every one of my vendors. We did such a great job picking such wonderful people. I've talked to every one of them in the month since the wedding - because it would have been weird to just not talk to them again. We had developed friendships that went beyond just working a wedding.

Things I'm so glad that we did: Sprung for the cake I wanted, trusted my gut on the first photographer and went with a new one (even though I lost my deposit), giving my DJ free reign to really play what they want and read the crowd, rented the bridesmaid dresses, had someone else do my hair and makeup, spent the night with my mom and best friends the night before, asked my sweet new niece to be our flower girl, let Mark choose a friend to perform the ceremony (he was a jack of all trades), had a low-key rehearsal dinner, Mark surprising me with a champagne that I LOVED, letting our bridal party with with their guests (at tables of honor), video recorded the ceremony, getting snacks for the rooms - I was famished after dancing that much, oh yeah - and getting married to my best friend.

Things I would have done differently: I would have looked at Mark more when I walked down the aisle (I kept looking at our friends and family), and I wouldn't have stressed about anything - because the things I worried about were inconsequential on the day of.

oh, but I know what you really wanted anyway - the pics!

4 comments:

B.Good said...

Congratulations!!! How AWESOME! I'm so excited for you and Mark, and thank you for sharing your day with us! You look gorgeous! Oh, and so does Mark, lol.

(Did I use enough exclamation points?!!!)

*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Well then! Congratulations! You disappeared for five months and came back married!

Lindsey said...

You guys are so beautiful! Congrats again!

Freckle Face Girl said...

I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful wedding and you look amazing!