Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend Recap

This weekend was really nice. Although I didn't do a ton, I got enough done that I felt like I accomplished something, and I got to relax and have fun! Score!

On Friday, I hung out with a new friend, the adorable Irony Queen of Daily Tragedies. We grabbed a pizza and watched a movie. That, along with the delish german chocolate cake that she made and hours of chatting, added up to a great start to the weekend.

On Saturday I had to get up early to take Abby to the groomers. I had to have her there by 8...and then I ran some errands and by the time I was done, they had called to have me pick her up. I did that and then I tanned and then went to the gym - and was home by 11 a.m. THAT IS INSANE!

I spent the rest of the day going through my clothes and getting rid of stuff and organizing my closet. I found some cute stuff that I had forgotten I had, which is always awesome. I'm having a really good day today because I keep thinking, 'This jacket is toooo adorable. And also, my hair, it looks good." I don't have many of that kind of day, so I'm thankful I found this jacket in the "extra" closet. ha!

Mark came home from fishing later in the afternoon and I made dinner and we played a game. On Sunday, we went to his (step) grandparents house because they are moving to Oregon to live with one of their children. So, they were basically moving the grandmother out (his grandfather is already in Oregon). It was the first time I'd met her and she said, "Are you Aimee!!?" and the Nice to meet yous and then, "well, hi and bye!" Which I thought was pretty funny.

Other than that, we ate some really good birthday cake ice cream (yum!) and watered the lawns and put chlorine in the pools. Nothing exciting, but surprisingly satisfying.

Today, the new person is starting and I'm suppose to start training her. SUCKS! I hate training people. Especially when I thought she was going to start after I left. If I cared more, I might like the idea of getting to train someone - but this place has just left such a bad taste in my mouth...I just want to stop thinking about it.

I'm off to meet a friend at Starbucks now. Yeah!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Cake twice?

You got all of that done before 11? I didn't even crawl out of bed until 2.

I found some very cute clothes too. They even still had tags on them. lol

Aimee said...

Cake once. Birthday cake ice cream twice. CRAP! lol

Yeah for cute clothes! We'll have to do some blog fashion shows! hehe.

Nicole P. said...

Yay for productiveness (I can't claim the same for my weekend) and down with training! Boo!!

L Sass said...

I hate training people! The whole time I was training my replacement at my last job, I was thinking "Nobody trained me. Figure it out yourself, beyotch!"

*~*Cece*~* said...

I'm an early person so getting things done by 11 seems totally reasonable to me! lol Carrie's getting up at 2:00 drives me NUTS! lmao!

I hate training people, too. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

It makes no sense to have the person leaving, train the new person. If it were me, I would totally show them the wrong process if I knew I was out of there. That's just how I roll.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I hate training people. Now I understand why no one wanted to train me. I no longer harbor the hard feelings that I used to have.

It'll be over soon tho, hopefully, maybe.

JSauce said...

Gawd, I hate training people. Pretending to care about whether or not they are "getting" a job that you have ceased to give a shit about is overwhelmingly boring.

PS - A stick!! Brown and sticky! New favorite!!

Carrie said...

I can't help it. I'm turning in to Adam. He has always stayed up late and rose later. lol

Angela said...

It sounds like a pretty fabulous weekend, which should make up for the sucky training part that you get to come back to.

Irish said...

Training people sucks. There's nothing like dealing with a "fuckin new guy" at any job...