Tuesday, December 2, 2008

ACK!

Sometimes I really don't miss blogland. Not you normal people - but the "popular" bloggers and their minions. OMG.

It seems like certain bloggers can say or do anything and all of their commenters are like, "omg you said that so amazing - I'm forwarding your blog to our President" and "you're perfect and beautiful and your kid is just the most precious thing ever."

And if you say something like, "holy crap woman, get a grip" then you're a troll. You're just being mean.

No, I'm just not going to pretend that you sh*t rainbows. Seriously.

Have any idea what I'm talking about? Probably not.

A certain blogger posted something today about a comedian being an asshole because he finally made a joke that hit too close to home. This same blogger admitted to the fact that she laughs at things that are off-color and that could be offensive to someone else or to some other group. So, I thought she was being really big about the whole thing - but just going to put in her perspective about it. But no, then she flipped out about how this guy just went to far because he hit on something that offended her. Hmmm.

and I'm okay with that. It's her blog, I can choose to read or not. But the comments, they just pissed me off. Because seriously, because they all wanted to jump up her ass and tell her that she's amazing and awesome and omg WELL SAID!

Yeah, if you want to be a total hyprocrite, you totally said it perfectly. Way to go.

9 comments:

Rhi said...

I know what you're talking about... ;0

Nicole P. said...

Yeah, I was kind of confused by that post. Then again, I may have just seen a shiny object and gotten distracted midway through it.

Robyn said...

Aw, man. I'm so behind in my blog reading. Who's showing their ass?

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Dude, I don't even read the comments if I see more than like 20. Forget about commenting myself. Ass kissers galore.

Freckle Face Girl said...

I must admit that I stopped reading popular blogs a while ago for that same reason.

Anonymous said...

Well said! Way to go! Pretty Rainbows!!!

Jess said...

I don't think I saw the post you're talking about, but I agree that it's very frustrating when any comment that isn't like "You go girl!" is considered nasty. That said, I do think there are diplomatic ways to disagree with someone in the comments without sounding like a hatemongering troll.

Julie said...

Wait a Second??

You don't shit rainbows???

WTF Aimee.
I may have to re-think about reading you now...

Haaaa

Lindsey said...

I am all about being a D list blogger. I am so over the "popular" blogs, even though I still sometimes read one or two of them. Who specifically were you talking about though? I need this gossip, Aimee! LOL

The only thing I like less is a wannabe, trying too hard to be an A-list blogger, blogger. :-) I know a couple and I can't believe I still read them. I act like I read blogs...wait, I am so behind on EVERYONE'S blog...oh yeah...