Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm Legit

I'm officially a bride! Well, a not-so-soon-to-be bride. BUT, we went to our first bridal fair. I tried to bribe my posse (as they were referred to on several occasions during the fair). You know, in case I became bridezilla, which, um...duh.
I made snacks!

B!
Kait!
Mom!
Em!
and then I tortured them by forcing them to eat some of the food samples brought in by the caterers and about 5 different cakes and 1 cupcake. We had a lot of fun and found some interesting leads for getting this whole wedding thing together.

What else have we been up to? Crafting! We've been making scrabble tile necklaces...the first step being to separate out a portion of the tiles to each of us...


Otherwise, it's the same old thing. I hate my job. Mark is having fun restoring/modifying our little 63 Falcon. Daisy is still being bratty, yet cute. The kitties are doing good - Minnie is on medicine for her cough (keep your fingers crossed). Oh, and there's this little thing I did this weekend having to do with joining Roller Derby. But I'm sure you don't want to hear about that.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Man, I wish I could get into the mood to plan a wedding. It is almost 2 years since I got engaged. LOL

Brahmin in Boston said...

Congratulations! My wishes are with you Aimee :-D

BiB

Julie said...

haa you are legit now...

Have you decided on anything??

Emily said...

Holy crap! I did not know my ears stuck out that much. Seriously I should get radio signals on those puppies.

I had a good time at the fair. So many samples, it was hard to keep track. The biggest lesson I think we learned is that all cakes are not made equal. You may have also learned something about photography and honeymoons and stuff...but I learned about baked goods.

Vanessa said...

Congratulations! I wish I was so crafty!

Freckle Face Girl said...

Sounds like a fun outing with the girls!

Miss Yvonne said...

Wait, I want to hear the Roller Derby story!

P.S. Love the scrabble tile necklaces.

Sugee Andersyn said...

Bridal expos are the best! :) Go to as many as you can and enter all the contests. You can win rings, honeymoons, free cake etc! How do you get a hole through those scrabble pieces?

Lindsey said...

I remember going to my first Bridal Fair--I wish I lived closer. I would go with you to everything bridal. I promise I would!